JB Caravans Manufacturers Warranty
JB Caravans warrants that, subject to the limitations and exclusions below, all parts of our manufacture or assembly of the Caravan are free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase. Any short comings in the original material or manufacture will be corrected without charge to the original purchaser for parts and labour incurred in that rectification.
In order to validate your warranty, the warranty acknowledgement slip overleaf must be completed and returned to JB Caravans immediately upon delivery of your new caravan.
If work under this warranty is required, the purchaser should immediately contact the closest authorized JB Caravan Dealership to where the unit is located or the selling Dealer to make arrangements for the repairs
The warranty is not transferable to a subsequent purchaser if the caravan is sold by the original purchaser during the warranty period.
JB Caravans has no obligation for warranty purposes to provide the same products originally supplied, and shall instead install or supply current components of similar quality, grade and composition where an identical part or component is not available.
Any cost or expenses incurred by the purchaser in making a claim or in complying with the purchaser’s obligations under this warranty shall be the purchaser’s responsibility. This includes any fees for maintenance service, towing fees, storage, or travelling time which may be required by a repairer to perform warranty repairs.
The warranty covers the original caravan only. It does not cover the following items:
- Appliances and equipment which are not manufactured by JB Caravans (for example the refrigerator, freezer, air conditioning, stove, microwave, radio, CD player, television, TV antenna, annex, awning, brakes and suspension) are covered by the warranty of such items for the term offered by the manufacturer of such items. For any claim please refer to the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
- Any defect resulting from overloading, misuse, negligence, accident or other cause beyond the direct control of JB Caravans.
- Any defect resulting from fitting or installation of any accessories or options such as an annexe, air-conditioner or other items after the caravan has left the premises of JB Caravans.
- Any rectification or other work required due to alterations in Local, State or Federal legislation which occurs after manufacture of the caravan.
- Any consequential damages or repair work necessitated due to continued usage or towing after a defect has, or should have, become apparent to the purchaser or user.
- Any accommodation or re-location expenses including fuel/freight. Loss of earnings or rents or other costs incurred before or whilst repairs under this warranty are being affected.
- Dealer or Customer rings JB Caravans to discuss warranty matters.
- JB Caravans enters warranty data and validates ownership details.
- JB Caravan contacts nearest authorized repairer or customer can recommend a repairer and confirms repair inspection details.
- Customer arranges to take caravan to the authorized repair agent for inspection.
- Authorized repair agent forwards quotation by e-mail or fax with supporting documents (photos) to JB Caravans for approval to proceed with repairs.
- JB Caravans issues repairer with chassis authorization number and signature of JB Caravans warranty officer.
- JB Caravan’s coordinates and organizes all parts as required by the repairer.
- Any claims for repairs carried out without prior authorization will be denied.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. What constitutes as a major loss
You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
We took delivery of a JB Dreamtime caravan 2 days before Christmas and found the whole process from the placing of the initial order, through construction and finally delivery with the whole crew at JB a very easy and happy experience.
Having had caravans for some 25 years, we had a pre conceived picture of what we wanted as far as the layout was concerned; with the full ensuite, Cafe style seating arrangement, ease of movement within the interior of the van and it had to be bright and airy.
I expected a very high standard as far as the construction was concerned from the construction of the chassis and protective coatings through to the quality in the cabinets and fittings and this was supplied without question.
The team was always proactive even during construction of keeping us up to date on new trends and innovations and some were incorporated into the van.
We have been away in the van and found it tracks and tows beautifully and received many looks and comments of envy from other travellers.
Like any product there was a couple of minor little glitches (only 4 very minor ones at that and as soon as they became aware the team were eager to rectify them) and anybody who hasn't had problem with any purchase is very lucky.
In closing; from my experience I can only recommend the JB team and their product and I will certainly return to them when it is time to update and hope your JB experience is as pleasurable as mine.
- Jeff & Jen